Monday, October 28, 2013

How will you help Improv help you?

Email from an Improv club Alumna Class of 2013: 

The whole reason I thought I should email you was because of this weekend though. I went on a retreat which was a super great experience, and for one of the activities we had to do we had to talk about a person or event that allowed us to be more confident and out going and the first thing that popped into my head was you and the rest of improv club. Its amazing when I think about how I would act if I hadn't done improv club. It helped and is still helping me be more open when talking to new people and confident when sharing things and speaking in front of classes and talking to teachers. So thanks so much for that... And then also during the retreat we had to preform a little skit and our group leader started off coordinating the skit by asking “So who is good at improv?!” and the girl I sat next to on the bus there jumped out of her seat and pointed at me saying that I did improv club in high school so I would be great at this so of course I got super nervous and panicked but they gave me the kind of central part and when we performed it in front of the large group people actually laughed at my joke which was wonderful and unexpected and I really think improv helped me with the skit and make friends so that was super great. Any way thanks so much for everything you did that made me feel more confident and out going both through improv and just regular conversations etc. 

More than a club, and non-stop laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment